Why You Should Buy Second Hand
- Pre-loved items at market-beating prices ✔
- 3-month warranty ✔
- Rare, vintage and retro second hand gear ✔
What kind of warranty does Andertons offer on second hand items?
We offer a 3-month parts and labour warranty on all second hand items that we sell. All second hand warranty claims must be authorized by us and certain standard warranty terms and conditions apply.
Can I trade in items for part exchange?
Yes, absolutely! Please read our guide on trading in your equipment here.
Do you inspect second hand items before they are traded in?
Every item is thoroughly inspected before we accept it in part exchange. We won't take items that don't meet an acceptable standard! We make sure that items are in full working order and acceptable cosmetic condition - in most cases, acceptable items have minimal cosmetic damage, but nothing that stops them from working!
How do you grade second hand items?
We use a simple rating system to grade our second hand items, so you can be sure you have all the information up front. Each item is carefully appraised by one of our in store experts, who meticulously check everything over and then grade it accordingly. All items will be in full working order so you can be sure that each and every item, regardless of its star rating, is ready to go!
- 5 – The item is in “as new” condition with no discernible cosmetic wear. It will include all original parts and accessories.
- 4 – The item is in excellent condition but may show some minors signs of use. This can include a small scratch or dent or light tarnishing to the hardware.
- 3 – The item is in good condition but will show clear signs of use. This can include multiple scratches, dings, lacquer checks and fret wear.
- 2 – The item has lots of wear and tear including scratches, dents, chips, tarnishing and in the case of amps, tears in the tolex covering.
- 1 – The item has been heavily used with lots of cosmetic wear and tear. This can include deep scratches, large chips, heavy tarnishing to the hardware and strong discolouration.