This page is here to keep our customers and audience up to date about any impact to Andertons' business operations during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
The Guildford store currently currently is open 10am-5pm Monday to Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday. As much as we would love to be back to the hustle and bustle of pre-Covid times (remember those!), where you could browse and try out whatever takes your fancy in the demo rooms, we now operate to government social distancing guidelines in order to keep customers and staff safe. Therefore, much as we would love to see you, just dropping in and having good look around the store is currently not possible.
As we can only have a maximum of 22 people in the Guildford store (including our staff) at any given time and keep everyone safe, we have created 10 "demo areas" within the existing rooms and floorspace, which are cleaned down after each customer use. You are welcome to come in and, if available, use one of the demo areas and a member of our staff will assist in getting the item/s you wish to try for you and offer advice. Note that, due to the restriction on numbers, we may only to be able to accept single person visits at the busiest times over the weekend. At quieter times or, by using the appointment service, the maximum is 2 household members per visit.
To get the best experience, we would strongly encourage you to pre-book an appointment to use one of the 10 demo areas - this will ensure the right specialist is booked to be with you and the items you want to try are brought to the store and prepared for your appointment. This is especially relevant for busier days ie weekend. You can call or fill out the contact form to book your appointment. Full details of the booking process are available here.
The following are available as "walk-in" services and, apart from a possible queue, you can just come to the store. For these services we recommend that you check the website or call ahead to make sure the stock is actually available at the store. Due to the required changes not all items will be available at the store and may need to be brought from our local warehouse for you.
- Click and Collect or Reserve over the Phone: Click here for more information.
- Buy a specific item - Click here for more information
- Guitar Repairs: Click here for more information.
If you opt out of pre-booking you may run the risk of either having a significant wait outside the store or have had a wasted journey if we are fully booked up. Remember there is no facility to look around the store.
Please note: Limited parking is available on our forecourt for collection of heavy/large items
All online operations and customer services are operating at a normal level.
Staying Covid-19 Secure
We have carried out a full risk assessment in line with the government guidelines. This has been done to ensure our staff and customers feel safe at Andertons. We currently operate the above services, with strict procedures in place.
We are limiting the amount of customers within our store at any one time to keep our staff and customers safe, and to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
We have also taken these following steps:
- Appropriate PPE has been provided for our staff.
- We have cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in place that adhere to government guidance.
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols in regards to counters, till points, and stock - including hand sanitiser stations for customers and staff, which should be used upon both entry and exit.
- Perspex screens have been installed at till points to help protect staff and customers.
- For now, only the front main counter area is open for click and collect. There is also a route to follow to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Appointment areas are sanitised before and after each appointment. Any items used are either sanitised or quarantined for 48 hours.
- Card payment only (contactless up to £45).
- The customer toilet is closed.
- Limited parking on the forecourt. This allows customers to queue safely. Click here for more info on parking.
- Help available for heavy item collection (following government guidelines).
Online Orders Still Being Delivered
Our online business is fully operational, however, we're still working safely to adhere to social distancing measures.
Our couriers are now largely operating to normal delivery time frames, so orders should be received on time as per the text message sent to you at time of dispatch. There are no delays expected, but please bear in mind that out of stock items may take slightly longer than normal to be delivered.
Our online help centre can be searched for answers to any common questions you may have.
Finally, Thank You!
The whole team at Andertons would like to thank you - our customers and community - for continuing to support us during the uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. We’re very grateful and privileged to be able to serve the musicians' community, and we want to continue to help you make music. After all, we know it can bring a lot of joy, even when there are more serious things going on in the world!