This page is here to keep our customers and audience up to date about any impact to Andertons' business operations during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
As with other businesses worldwide, the health of Andertons staff, customers, and the wider community is our first priority. As such, we are proactively monitoring the ever-changing situation and reviewing the public health advice to decide how best to maintain our operations whilst remaining socially responsible.
We are aiming to be as transparent as possible about our current operational status. The decision on the restart of any other in-store services will be posted here first (we will aim to keep this page up-to-date), so please keep checking here for updates before contacting us.
Restricted Services Available at our Guildford Store from July 1st (11am-5pm)
- Click and Collect: Click here for more information.
- Appointments Only: Click here for more Information.
- Guitar Repairs: Click here for more information.
All online operations and customer services are operating at a normal level.
Please note: The store is closed for all other activities. Please see below for how we're phasing reopening and keeping the store Covid secure.
Staying Covid-19 Secure
We have carried out a full risk assessment in line with the government guidelines. This has been done to ensure our staff and customers feel safe at Andertons. From July 1st, we will only be operating the above services, with strict procedures in place. We are gradually phasing our reopening; there are currently no set dates for when the store itself will reopen.
We are limiting the amount of customers within our store at any one time to keep our staff and customers safe, and to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
To help with limiting customers, a queue management team will greet you upon arrival. This will ensure your collection or appointment is ready before you enter the store.
We have also taken these following steps:
- Appropriate PPE has been provided for our staff.
- We have cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in place that adhere to government guidance.
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols in regards to counters, till points, and stock - including hand sanitiser stations for customers and staff, which should be used upon both entry and exit.
- Perspex screens have been installed at till points to help protect staff and customers.
- For now, only the front main counter area is open for click and collect. There is also a route to follow to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Appointment areas are sanitised before and after each appointment. Any items used are either sanitised or quarantined for 48 hours.
- Card payment only (contactless up to £45).
- The customer toilet is closed.
- No parking on the forecourt. This allows customers to queue safely.
- Help available for heavy item collection (following government guidelines).
Online Orders Still Being Delivered
Our online business is fully operational, however, we're still working safely to adhere to social distancing measures.
Our couriers are now largely operating to normal delivery timeframes, so orders should be received on time as per the text message sent to you at time of dispatch. There are no delays expected, but please bear in mind that out of stock items may take slightly longer than normal to be delivered.
Our online help centre can be searched for answers to any common questions you may have.
Finally, Thank You!
The whole team at Andertons would like to thank you - our customers and community - for continuing to support us during the uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. We’re very grateful and privileged to be able to serve the musicians' community, and we want to continue to help you make music. After all, we know it can bring a lot of joy, even when there are more serious things going on in the world! With the first steps of our phased reopening now underway, we're looking forward to seeing you soon.