If you’re having problems with checking out online, please try the following:
- Make sure the information you entered is accurate - i.e. the billing address of the card is the registered address where you receive your bills and the name and address are complete and doesn't contain any unnecessary punctuation.
- Make sure you do not have multiple tabs open on the website. If there are different things happening on different tabs when the same online basket is open, this can sometimes confuse the website when you submit the order.
- Where possible, try not to use any incognito browser tabs, VPNs (virtual private networks) or IP scramblers as these may affect your scoring when your payment goes through our payment security software.
- If you are an overseas customer and having trouble paying it may be worth checking the see if you have any special characters (ö à è ì ò ù) in either your name or your address, as sometimes our system will not recognise them. If you do, try replacing them with the unaccented (a-z) equivalent and try again.
- If you are paying using a credit or debit card, please make sure the card is registered for online use via Internet Authentication (see below). If the card is new, has it been activated?
What is Internet Authentication?
Internet authentication (i.e. Verified by Visa) is an online security feature that most banks use in order to protect the payer and the payee against fraudulent online activity. When you submit the payment, a box will usually appear in your browser (from your card issuer) asking you to input a password. This feature provides cover for both parties in case of any problems with the payment. Internet Authentication is becoming increasingly common with online retailers, so you'll need to contact your card provider to ask them to activate this feature if it is not already.
Payment has left my account but I can't see my order
Due to the high value items we sell our online payment security system is highly sensitive. If you have submitted your order successfully through the website but received a notification from us that your payment has not been accepted, please contact us to discuss alternative payment options.
Please note that if a payment is authorised by your bank but is not accepted by us, your bank may hold the funds in your account for a short while (they will appear as “pending”). After each unsuccessful payment attempt the funds will automatically be returned by your bank to your account.
If this happens, no funds will have been taken by us for the purchase. If you are struggling to get the funds back please speak to your bank.
For any other questions regarding payment, please CONTACT us.