Absolutely! We offer customers the opportunity to trade in old gear as part exchange towards a new item. The value of your used item will count as a discount towards the new piece of gear.
Why You Should Trade Your Gear With Us
- Less hassle than second-hand selling sites
- Get your new gear quicker by trading in your old gear. Upgrade for less!
- You'll always know how much you're getting for your items
Part Exchange FAQs
Can I get cash or credit from Andertons for my used items?
No, unfortunately not. We deal in used gear on a part-exchange basis only.
How much do I get for my gear?
We have a very open and honest approach to part exchanges – we will value the item at what we think we can sell it for, and we will offer the customer a fair amount based on that valuation.
- If we value your item at under £150 we will offer you 1/2 of the valuation.
- If we value your item between £150 and £1500 we will offer you 2/3 of the valuation.
- If we value your item at over £1500 we will offer you 3/4 of the valuation.
- E.g. if we think something is worth £300 to sell, we’ll offer £200 to you on a part exchange.
You’ll never find out that Andertons has bought something from you at a really low price to sell for a really high price.
How do you decide what my gear is worth?
We have years of experience in selling used musical gear, so we often have a good idea of what items are worth on the second-hand market. In addition, we use various web listings like eBay and private ad listings to estimate value.
How do I go about part exchanging my old gear?
Ideally, you should bring the goods into our Guildford store – any day of the week is fine. 99% of the time we will be able to give you a valuation on the spot.
If you can’t make it to the store, call or email us with details of the items you wish to part exchange, and we will let you know the best way to initiate a deal. Please note, we cannot give you a firm indication whether we will accept a part exchange, or a valuation until we have seen items "in the flesh".
I don't live near your Guildford store. Can I still trade in my old gear?
Absolutely, under certain conditions, you can still trade in, even if you live away from the store. Please see the following guide for more information: