Can I Trade In My equipment?
We offer customers the opportunity to trade in old gear as part exchange towards a new item. The value of your used item will count as a discount towards the new piece of gear.
How much do I get for my equipment?
We have a very open and honest approach to part exchanges – we will value the item at what we think we can sell it for, and we will offer the customer a fair amount based on that valuation.
- If we value your item at under £150 we will offer you 1/2 of the valuation.
- If we value your item between £150 and £1500 we will offer you 2/3 of the valuation.
- If we value your item at over £1500 we will offer you 3/4 of the valuation.
How do you decide what my equipment is worth?
We have years of experience in selling used musical gear, so we often have a good idea of what items are worth on the second-hand market. In addition, we use various web listings like eBay and private ad listings to estimate the value.
Can I get cash or credit from Andertons for my used items?
Unfortunately not, as we deal in used equipment on a part exchange basis only. However, we are able to apply the funds to a backorder for an out of stock item if the product you want is not in stock at the moment.
How do I part exchange my equipment?
You are able to bring the goods into our Guildford store, any day of the week is fine as 99% of the time we will be able to give you a valuation on the spot. We would recommend completing our Part Exchange form, which can be found here before visiting us to ensure that we would consider accepting the item(s) that you are looking to part exchange.
Please take the following into account -
- The estimated value we offer is on the basis that the goods are complete, in full working order and in good condition.
- Where applicable, service fees will be deducted from the amount that we have offered in order to get the item to a sellable condition.
- We may not accept goods that have been modified as this may impact on the 3-month warranty that we provide and may not generate wider interest.
Any valuation given via email or phone is only an estimate and subject to change depending on the conditions above. All goods would need to be tested in-store before committing to any part exchange.
I don’t live near the store, can I still trade in my equipment?
We can sometimes accommodate this. Click here for more information
I've bought something recently but I'm not getting on with it. can I part exchange it?
If you’ve only had the item for a short time we would recommend you try selling it privately first as you’ll recoup more of the original value. Part exchanging an item (no matter how new is may be) will still be a second hand item in the eyes of any potential customer so we’d only be able to sell it as such.